Saturday, December 31, 2011

Mega New Year's Resolutions

I'm not going to focus on all the things I have failed to do this past year. That always leads me down the path of depression. I wallow in my sense of failure instead of moving forward. Not gonna happen this time.
.
2012 is going to my year. A year of action! A year of self-improvement! A year of accomplishment!
.
Hopefully.
.
So, here are my goals:
.
1) Read three books every week. A nonfiction book, a recent publication, and a "classic." Write journal responses after each reading on blog.
.
2) Read and analyze 1 modern and 1 classic poem every day. Write analysis on blog.
.
4) Write 1,000 words of prose every day.
.
3) Write 1 poem, and edit 1 poem every day. Submit 7 best poems to literary magazines every month.
.
4) Watch 1 documentary or 1 hour of news every day. Write a response.
.
5) Drink only water, black coffee and unsweetened tea. If going to drink alcohol with friends, this can be only once per week at most.
.
6) Do an hour of muscle toning exercises each day. 20 minutes each morning, afternoon, and night.
.
7) Walk to and from campus every day.
.
8) Eat lunch at home 5 days per week, dinner 4 days per week. One unhealthy meal, two unhealthy snacks allowed per week.
.
Erm, I think that's it. Hopefully I'll be a more well-informed, healthy person at the end of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment